The clock hits 10:38 PM, and I look at it thinking...how can I never get to bed around 9:30 PM. Oh well! The house is quiet and I am listening to the tune of "Winnie The Pooh" while looking at pictures of my sweet baby boy.
I can't believe that this last Friday he turned 6 months old. How did that happen? When did that happen? I now understand the excitement and pain my parents have felt as my brother and I grew over the years. We hit a ton of milestones this last weekend and honestly...they have me speechless, sentimental, sappy and somewhat sad.
William got to take his first taste of food. I made homemade, organic sweet potatoes and he also enjoyed his first dip in a pool...but then there was one more milestone I was not ready for...William is now cutting his first tooth.
I see pictures of my sweet baby boy and wonder why life is so giving yet it takes so much from us as well. Life steals our time and youth but in return we get these amazing memories and experiences. I hope that all three of our children learn to stop and smell the roses. They have no idea how precious this time is.
I can almost here the girls in my head saying how bored they are. I would give anything to be an infant in mother's arms. I would give anything to be 9 years old going into the 4th grade or 11 starting middle school.
Please God...please allow me to slow down time just a bit. My newborn is now an infant who is dying to crawl. I am not ready yet....right now...I just want to to hold him in my arms forever.
These times are precious...and so I have to remember to cherish them now myself. Before I can blink twice, our children will all be adults.
Thank goodness that day is not today! I love being a mother and am so thankful for the opportunity to experience the greatest love of all....that of a parent...that of a mother.
Until next time...Big hugs and kisses,
New Mom to William
William is a doll and you can already see his wonderful personality. He is a very happy baby and lucky to have such a loving family. We can't wait to see him crawl, walk and talk...but all in due time. Best Wishes, Bianca
ReplyDelete